Current Event Opinion: Byrd Watching

So, this story is very recent and in my opinion has been resolved a bit. I will lead with the information that as of March 28th  2019 David Byrd has been asked to resign and he has agreed, he is no longer the Chairman of The House Education Administration Subcommittee of Tennessee. Thank God.

I say that because David Byrd is one of the vilest types of human beings and his whole situation pisses me off to no end, I’m sure you’ll understand.

David Byrd was a Basketball coach and he was accused of sexual abuse by five different 16 year old female students, all basketball players that he coached. So how did he make it as far as he did? His friends in power claimed it was just the liberal democrats trying to destroy his reputation. The people who claimed that never seemed to acknowledge the fact that Byrd has recorded himself apologizing to these students and begging them not to tell, he also mentions how he “thinks of them in every one of his prayers” and he wont acknowledge it either when extensively pressured into answering a question about the recording, all he would say is “I haven’t done anything illegal since I began my chairmanship” Yeah… okay dude.  The story was also corroborated by a gym teacher in the same period as him.

One of the Human MALES defending this disgusting person was quoted saying, “If I were raped, I’d just move,” But on the other hand one of his current colleges who called for him to resign is saying “A man like him should under no circumstance have any power over anything or anyone, especially not a school board.

I couldn’t agree more.

3 thoughts on “Current Event Opinion: Byrd Watching

1. Not to sound rude or anything, but did those who accused him have evidence to support their claim? I stay out of stuff like this but I poke my head in every once and a while.

1. Yes, five people from different years corroborating the same story alongside a different coach. The fact he himself would never deny it and the fact that he is recorded on video apologizing. So yes I’d say there is appropriate evidence, I appreciate your skepticism.

2. Nowadays, people have the idea that “evidence” doesn’t exist when someone says it and fully-claims that it is the truth. Seeing other cases.